Chapter 11: Breakthrough Timing
- Breakthrough timing we need in order to do his will.
- For any given prayer or undertaking in ur life, we need to discern whether the Lord is saying one of these four things:
- At certain times
- Not now
- The goal of spiritual growth is simply that : To become like Jesus.
- Romans 8:29 “For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to becomeconformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; ”
- No matter the situation , the Lord knew what wo say and when to say it.
- He also knew when to be silent.
- He always did the right thing with perfect timing.
- This keen understanding of divine imperatives and precise spiritual timing is at the heart of what it means to be mature in Christ.
- An inability to understand and obey these principles is a mark of spiritual immaturity and carnality.
God’s Never Words
- The Words come to Moses when He and Israelite left Egypt . It came through Moses, “ Do not be afraid .”
- Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please Him,for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. ”
- Fear is never an option for the children of the living God.
Psamls 46:1-3 “1God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
2Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change
And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea;
3Though its waters roar and foam,
- We should begin every day by reminding ourselves of this never word from God.
- The psalmist was determined to stay calm and fearless even if the earth itself should give way.
- To live in fear is as much a disobedience to God as stealing or lying.
- Our salvation has gone to prepare a place for us in heaven that he has sent the Holy Spirit as our comforter and given us precious promises backed by his own great faithfulness?
- Psalm 23 : “ I will fear no evil “
- Psalm 34 speaks of a great promise concerning break through prayer.
Psalm 34 :4 “I sought the Lord, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.”.
- Not only can God protect us from danger, but he can also rescue us from the nagging fear of what might happen to us.
Proverbs 3:24-25 24When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
25Do not be afraid of sudden fear
Nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes;
- Having faith doesn’t mean we can’t be honest with God about our struggles with fear.
- I have battled with strong anxiety before preaching in certain venues even though I knew fear would hinder the work of the Holy Spirit.
Hebrew 10:35-39 35Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. 36For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
37for yet in a very little while,
he who is coming will come, and will not delay.
38but my righteous one shall live by faith;
and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.
39But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.
At Certain Times
- The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
- The way God guided his people that day doesn’t mean he will act that way in every situation.
- According to them, believers are merely to watch passively for the salvation of the Lord, no matter the circumstances.
- They use it to try to prove that praising God is the secret to success in every situation.
- These mistaken interpretations have given birth to quietist groups,..making a joyful noise to the Lord.
- When it comes to being led by the Lord, there are no simple forulas that apply to every situation.
- We need to learn to follow God’s leading day by day.****
- We must make a deeper acquaintance with the Holy Spirit of God
- The Spirit of God is able to lead us in every new situation we face.
- It is a shame that evangelical seminaries and churches often downplay the importance of the Holy Spirit .
- The Spirit is the author of Scripture and the one who convicts the world of sin.
- But much more is attributed to the Holy Spirit in the Bible He inspired.
- Without being Spirit led, we cannot possibly live victoriously for Christ.
- We are not smart enough to know on our own what the will of God is in each situation we encounter.
- Acts 16:6-7 6They passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia; 7and after they came to Mysia, they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them;
- Acts 16 :9-10 A vision appeared to Paul in the night: a man of Macedonia was standing and appealing to him, and saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” 10When he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go into Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.
- Breakthrough timing is all about knowing the exact will of God at a given moment.
- The Lord doesn’t expect us to try to understand His plan for our lives merely by relying on our limited intelligence.
- He has sent the Holy Spirit to guide our steps in the paths He has marked out for us.
- Whenever people are willing to be led , The Lord is faithful to reveal what they should do at any particular moment.**
- We need to ask the Lord to huide us as we try to raise our children in the Lord, because each one is different.
- Do not forget that nothing produces spiritual results like led by the Spirit. อย่าทำอะไรโดยไม่ได้พึ่งพา พระวิญญาณฯ
When God says not now
- Exodus 14:15-16 “15Then the Lordsaid to Moses, “Why are you crying out to Me? Tell the sons of Israel to go forward. 16As for you, lift up your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it, and the sons of Israel shall go through the midst of the sea on dry land. “
- Prayer is precious to the Lord, a fact that makes this passage all the more striking
- Moses was doing a noble thing , but God directed him to stop.
- He want Moses to do something better.
- Sometimes even the best of activities must come to a halt at the command of God so a critical deed can be accomplished.