Chapter 12 : Breakthrough Joy
- As a Christian we thank God for the blessings of modern medicine that relieve so much human suffering.
- No matter how rich we are , no matter what kind of health plan we have,There are some antibiotics we can obtain only from God’s pharmacy.
- In addition to having a physical body and s a soul, each of us is also a spiritual being.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 “ Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
The keys to Spiritual Health
- Most of the time we are more preoccupied with our bodies than our spirit.
- Let’s visit God’s pharmacy and learn from the word of God about a key building block of vigorous spiritual health :
- Proverbs 17:22 “A joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones.”
- The Bible focuses on the stated of the “ heart” which here stands for the human spirit, as the critical factor.
- The Hebrew word denotes the healing of a wound even to the removal of a scar.
- The “ medicine” that brings such deep healing is a heart filled with the joy of the Lord.
- Joy is vital to our spiritual well-being.
- We can’t run the race of life while weighted down by a bitter spirit.
- The word for “ anxious “is translated in King James version as “ heaviness”
- Proverbs 12:25 “Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down,But a good word makes it glad.”
- 2 Corinthians 2:7 “For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do sountil he is taken out of the way. ”
- Philipians 2 :27 “For indeed he was sick to the point of death, but God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, so that I would not have sorrow upon sorrow. ”
A Spiritual Cure
- The cure God offers for these maladies is simply the joy of the Lord.
- Real joy is a dep , inner delight in God that only the Holy Spirit can produce.
- Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said to them, “Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
- This is the strength we need to engage in spiritual warfare.
- Romans 15:13 “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- If we are going to walk victoriously by faith, we must maintain a daily spirit of joy in the world.
- Proverbs 15:13 “ A joyful heart makes a cheerful face,But when the heart is sad, the spirit is broken.
- Christian should be the happiest people on earth, with smiles that proclaim God’s goodness.
- Romans 14:17 “for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. “
- Joy, is an important piece of biblical evidence showing that a person has truly turned to Christ for Salvation.
- Acts 13:52 And the disciples were continually filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.
- If we are not living with joy, we have to ask ourselves why, With God
- All our sins have been completely erased through the blood of Jesus.
- There is no record of even one transgression against us before a holy God.
- Our names have been written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- Christ has gone to prepare a place for us in heaven, where we will spend eternity with him
- The Lord has promised never to leave or forsake us while we live here on earth.
- God has given the Holy Spirit as our Comforter and his word to guide us into his arms.
- God has pledged to supply our needs and hear us when we pray.
- God supernaturally supplies his joy to us through the Holy Spirit
- Galatians 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, ”
- Jesus said “ AS I have loved you, so you must love one another “ ( John 13:34 )
- It must be the Spirit working in me that produces a Jesus kind of love.
- 2 Corinthians 7 :4 “ Great is my confidence in you; great is my boasting on your behalf. I am filled with comfort; I am overflowing with joy in all our affliction.
- 2 Corinthians 6 :10 as sorrowful yet always rejoicing, as poor yet making many rich, as having nothing yet possessing all things.
- Galathians 4 :15 “Where then is that sense of blessing you had? For I bear you witness that, if possible, you would have plucked out your eyes and given them to me.
- Proverbs 15:15 “All the days of the afflicted are bad,But a cheerful heart hasa continual feast.
- 1 Peter 1:8 “and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,
- Acts2:46 “Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, ”
- Deuteronomy 12:18 “ But you shall eat them before the Lordyour God in the place which the Lord your God will choose, you and your son and daughter, and your male and female servants, and the Levite who is within your gates; and you shall rejoice before the Lord your God in all your undertakings. “
- Habakkuk 3:17-18 “17Though the fig tree should not blossom
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
18Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.”
- Today is the first day of all the days you have left to live.
- Difficult and painful times may be facing you , but God’s joy is greater .!